TRIPAWDS: Home to 14184 Members and 1268 Blogs.
HOME » NEWS » BLOGS » FORUMS » CHAT » FACEBOOK » TWITTER » RANDOM BLOG

Tripawds Supporter sites have no ads!

Very Sad News!

September 15th, 2011

Tripawds is a user-supported community. Thank you for your support!

I am so sad to report that our Gracie did not make it through her recovery.  The Dr.  called us last night at 10:30p.m. to say she made it through surgery and was doing extremely well.  He said we could pick her up at 9:30a.m. this morning.  I was sooooo excited to see her and share the news.  This morning we received a devastating call from the vet that around 1:00a.m.  she was having arrythmia problems once she tried to stand up and got really dizzy.  She was going in and out of consciousness and he peformed CPR on her for 20 minutes but she did not make it.  This has been sooooo heartbreaking and I am feeling so sad for putting her through the surgery.  I do believe things happen for a reason and maybe she would not have been able to make it as a “tripawd”.  I just can’t imagine her being at the vet trying to stand up without me being there…..This is just devastating….I can’t stop crying….

To remove ads from your site and others, upgrade to a Tripawds Supporter blog!

28 Responses to “Very Sad News!”

1. chilidawg on September 15, 2011 2:28 pm

I am so sorry for your loss. Any time you lose a loved one it is tough, but it is specially hard when you don’t get to be there to say goodbye. Know that you gave her all the love in the world and she knows that, too. You gave her a great life and remember love never dies.

Jenna and Spirit Chili Dawg

2. etgayle on September 15, 2011 2:34 pm

we are so very sorry to read this – i had to read it twice to believe it. this is devistating, our hearts go out to you – we all want to think they’ll get through the surgery and then we can fight together to get back to a ‘normal’ life.

know that gracie loved you with all her heart, and she knew you loved her too. love never ends.

charon & gayle

3. Riley on September 15, 2011 2:47 pm

I am just so so sorry…My heart is absolutely breaking for you as I know how devastating painful this is… I hope you can find some tiny bit of comfort knowing Gracie is not alone or in pain and she is running free with our tripawd angels that have passed….

Sending hugs –
    KaCee & Angel Riley

4. laurieferullo on September 15, 2011 3:17 pm

I am so sorry. I dont even know what to say. I am crying with you. I can’t even imagine your pain.
    hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs.

laurie and maggie.

5. kaitken432 on September 15, 2011 3:38 pm

Thank you for your kind words…I look forward to reading about all of the other amazing stories. This is truly a wonderful community..

6. Gracie's Mom on September 15, 2011 9:05 pm

Laurie: I just posted on your forum and am so happy your Maggie is doing well. Her and Gracie had a special bond since they were going through the same hard time on the same day. I will continue to follow the “tripawd” stories, these truly are amazing animals.

7. kaitken432 on September 15, 2011 3:39 pm

Thank-You everyone….I am so happy I found this site. This community truly is amazing!

8. Izzy, Ted's sister on September 15, 2011 3:56 pm

Things do happen for a reason. Ted was here for only 5 1/2 years, but he had a reason for being here and leaving us so soon. You may not find the reason right a way, but you will.

Ted is helping Gracie, we are helping you.

9. kaitken432 on September 15, 2011 4:17 pm

Ahhhh, Thank-You. We had Gracie for 7 almost 8. I’m still in shock!

10. Indiana's mom on September 15, 2011 4:13 pm

I just read your first post and then, sadly, I saw this… I am so sorry that your Gracie didn’t have a chance to come home with you. You made the right decision to go through with the surgery and it was out of your deep love for her that you did. We all go into this praying they come home to us… She is home in your heart..and like you said…things happen for a reason. She wasn’t alone and she passed away with all of your love embracing her and her gentle soul… She is now a tripawd angel and will watch over you and comfort you. May Gracie’s 3 paws leave paw prints in your hearts always… We are your tripawd family and are here for you!
    Sending healing prayers & big hugs too~

Love from Spirit Indiana’s mom ~ Carol~~

11. kaitken432 on September 15, 2011 4:19 pm

Thank you so much for your touching post. She truly was an angel. She loved life and I could tell that her condition had her frustrated. I was just hoping that this surgery would give her another chance. I’m still in shock that she did not pull through:(

12. Indiana's mom on September 17, 2011 5:48 am

I can’t imagine what you are going through – I only feared it on the day of Indiana’s surgery. I will never forget how my world came tumbling down when we found out he had osteosarcoma. We had the surgery done knowing we only had up to 4 months. We certainly were blessed as we him a long time after… However, I do share in your sadness as my heart, along with yours is so broken and I still cry every day as I miss my Indiana who became an angel 3 months ago. Your sweet, sweet angel is not alone, she is being guided by all of the other sweet tripawd angels and showing her the way…One day we will see them again…they will wait for us xoxo

13. riosmom on September 15, 2011 5:02 pm

I am so very sorry for you, and I’m sorry Gracie didn’t get the chance to fight. It’s so hard to lose a friend, and when you don’t get the chance to say good-bye, that makes it even more heartbreaking. We are just devastated for you.

You are in our thoughts,

Micki and Rio

14. AbbysMom on September 15, 2011 5:14 pm

I am so sorry to read this. It is hard enough to lose a family member, but even harder when they pass during a surgery that was meant to give them more time. I am so sorry she didn’t get to come home to you and show you how well she could have done on 3 legs. But she is still one of our Tripawd Warrior Princesses and the other tripawd heroes who went before are there to meet her. She is running pain free now. Remember that she would not want you to be sad. I’m sure she had a great life and knew she was loved unconditionally. Love doesn’t die.

Hugs,
    Jackie, Abby’s mom

15. CatiesMom on September 15, 2011 5:31 pm

I am so sorry. To be delivered good news and then hit not much later with such a blow, oh, I feel for you.

My heart too goes out to you.

Carmen, Spirit Catie and Riley

16. Gracie's Mom on September 16, 2011 9:41 pm

I do believe that the hardest part was thinking that I was going to pick her up yesterday and then getting the phone call that she had passed after surgery. When the Dr. called to say she was doing well I was so relieved. It had been a long day. From 1:30pm to 10:30pm I had been waiting for the news and when it came I was so relieved that she was going to do well. Her poor little heart just could not take it. I just can’t believe it:(

17. rumblesmom on September 15, 2011 6:00 pm

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. Words can’t express the sympathy I feel for you and your family. We’ll be thinking of you and sending warm and loving thoughts your way. Hope that all of your wonderful memories of your furry baby help you through the coming days.

18. samsamsmom on September 15, 2011 6:17 pm

I’m so sorry Gracie didn’t get to fight this – she would have been amazing. I’m so sorry you’re on this awful roller coaster and you must be completely exhausted – physically and emotionally. My thoughts are with you….hugs to you. Gracie is def a Tripawd Warrior Princess running free!

19. Gracie's Mom on September 16, 2011 9:39 pm

Thank you for your kind words. Gracie would love to know that she is getting so much attention. She wanted all the attention she could get. The title, “Tripawd Warrior Princess” fits her!!

20. Dakota Dawg on September 15, 2011 6:19 pm

I am so very sorry. I have no words to offer that can make up for your loss or fill the hole in your heart. But as Carol said, you have found a place here where the bond may not be through blood, but it’s as strong as any family.

When you are ready, please consider sharing Gracie’s life with us so that we can smile at all the things that made her so special. We want to know her, too.

Shari

21. Gracie's Mom on September 16, 2011 9:36 pm

Thank You Shari! I will continue to blog about her and share pics. I am just getting used to the site. I’m pretty new to blogging so it might take some time. I can’t express how much everyone’s support has helped us through this. As I have said over and over, I just can not believe she did not make it home….

22. Kalil's Mom on September 15, 2011 8:27 pm

I am so sorry for your loss and so sorry you weren’t there to say goodbye to your Gracie. How devastating for you and your family.

I do hope the memories you have of her will help you smile through your tears throughout the next several days.

23. bartsmom on September 16, 2011 6:41 am

I am just so very sorry to hear about Gracie. I wish there was some way to alleviate the pain and sadness. No doubt you have a countless suppy of wonderful memories of Gracie’s spirit to hold in your heart in this difficult time.

Hugs to you and a prayer to Gracie who is now running free!

I would love to read some stories about her when you think you are ready.

Darcy & Bart

24. Gracie's Mom on September 16, 2011 9:33 pm

Thank you for the post! I will continue to put up pics and blog about her. She was so special. She was our first Great Dane….

25. Leslie on September 16, 2011 5:47 pm

There are just no words. I just wanted to show my support. I hope you’re able to let go of the guilt. I’m sure your girl wouldn’t want you carrying that around. Please know you have my deepest sympathies. You and your family will be in my thoughts.

Leslie

26. Paula on September 16, 2011 6:20 pm

Dear K…….

I really enjoyed the day I spent at your house a couple of weeks ago. Gracie and I had a little alone time and I knew she was so uncomfortable. She was a gentle giant. There was nothing else you could have done for her, but your best. And you did. We love them forever…. What wonderful friends you have found on this website. I’m so sorry.

27. Gracie's Mom on September 16, 2011 9:32 pm

Thank You Paula….I’m glad you found the site. This has been a great place to go for support. The people are amazing and I have only been signed up for a few days. We miss her lots but I am sure this happened for a reason. I am glad you got to meet our Gracie, she was something very special!

28. charleysmom on September 19, 2011 2:45 pm

I am so very sorry for your loss of Gracie. I wasn’t a member yet when your sweet girl passed, but I wanted to express my deepest sympathy. You can find peace knowing that you did everything you could for Gracie. Gracie made her journey knowing how much she was loved. Even though Gracie’s battle was way too short, she is and will always be a hero. Godspeed sweet Gracie. Run free at Rainbow Bridge with all of the heroes that have gone before you. Send you momma pennies when you can!
    Hugs and chocolate kisses,