TRIPAWDS: Home to 14592 Members and 1245 Blogs.
HOME » NEWS » BLOGS » FORUMS » CHAT » FACEBOOK » TWITTER » RANDOM BLOG

Tripawds Supporter sites have no ads!

Thinking of you “Pookie”

September 17th, 2011

Tripawds is a user-supported community. Thank you for your support!

Ahhhh Gracie:

The neighbors missed you at the Bush Street get together last night.  Pismo and Shammy were wondering where you were.  We are still in shock that you are not greeting us at the door when we come home.  It’s been a real rough couple of days…I hope you are not bullying all of your tripawd friends up there.  You are new to the group so you need to take it easy on them.  I know you like to bully other dogs sometimes.  I met Indiana’s mom through this website so you will have to go introduce yourself to Indy.  Well, bye for now.  We miss you Lil Bubby!!!!!!!!!!!

To remove ads from your site and others, upgrade to a Tripawds Supporter blog!

8 Responses to “Thinking of you “Pookie””

1. Indiana's mom on September 17, 2011 7:45 pm

Dear sweet Gracie,
    Indy will welcome you with open paws!!! He will show you all of the great places to hang out with the other tripawd angels…

Gracie’s mom, we are all here for you at the tripawd community. I know the first day without your sweet Gracie is so devastating ~ I didn’t think I could live another day without my boy. It is a struggle, but every day you go through the motions and every day you miss them even more. I find reaching out with comfort has helped me through the healing process…I feel that spreading my love like Indy did is what I need to do…Many husg to you!
    Love from the spirit of Indiana and his mom Carol

2. Indiana's mom on September 17, 2011 7:46 pm

I meant to write: Many HUGS to you!!!! xo

3. chilidawg on September 18, 2011 6:13 am

It is hard when they are gone. Finchy (our other dog) is still mourning his brother. He and I are the same, we are missing the Chili Dawg. I do agree with Carol, comforting others has helped me as well. The people I have met through this website have helped me get through this a lot, they are great, so use us to help with your grief, please. It doesn’t matter that you were new to the site- we had only been here for 3 months- that’s one of the things that makes this place so special.

Jenna and Spirit Chili Dawg

4. Dakota Dawg on September 18, 2011 8:12 am

I hope you stay a member of this family. As much as we dread it, we know there will be another member someday who will lose their beloved friend either during surgery or shortly afterward. I won’t be able to talk to them about that; neither will Jenna or Carol. But you will.

I’ve seen lots of people find their way here who are very hesitant about this surgery for a giant breed. You can speak to that, too. You will remember how you made your decision, what the conversations with the vets were like, etc. You can talk to them like others can’t.

When you’re ready to post more photos of Gracie, her life will blossom for us. I smiled so much when I saw the new ones you put on this page. Each picture will show a bit more of her “Gracie-ness” and her personality, and she will live for us.

Shari

5. Gracie's Mom on September 18, 2011 3:46 pm

Hi Shari: I will definitely stay a member. There are so many unique stories and I am loving reading about how your animals have adapted to the tripawd lifestyle. I think it is amazing! I will continue to post photos of Gracie’s life. She was a spoiled Southern California Princess….

Kim

6. charleysmom on September 19, 2011 3:00 pm

Remember to “look” for the pennies that Gracie will send you to let you know that she arrived safely at Rainbow Bridge. Be patient and open and they will come. Pennies come in all forms: a shooting star, a rainbow, a butterfly, a breeze, a smell, a song…you’ll know – you’ll feel Gracie’s presence.

Gracie will always be with you in spirit as she took a piece of her heart with you.

Hugs and chocolate kisses,
    Ellen & Charley

7. Gracie's Mom on September 23, 2011 6:37 pm

Thank you for your kind words!! Your Charley has an amazing story. I miss my Gracie every day (we are one week without her now), however, you are so right about the pennies that come. I continue to feel her presence and know that she is in a better place without pain.

Kim

8. jerry on September 23, 2011 10:07 pm

Ohhhh pretty girl, we still can’t believe you were called away so quickly. We would have loved to get to know you better, but we’re glad your Mom will share some more stories about your beautiful life. I know there are lots of great tails to tell.

May your spirit shine on and your life continue to touch everyone here. xoxo

Trackback URI | Comments RSS